DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS DIRECTORATE (PAD)
The Director-General, PAD is responsible to the IGP for the following:
- Provide strategic policy advice on internal and external communications, media and community relations to project a positive image of the Service;
- Provide communication guidance and support to all Regional and Unit Commanders in Police Operations;
- Provide guidance and build the capacity of Communications and Public Affairs Officers to ensure the highest standard of performance and discipline;
- Provide leadership and control over all Regional and Unit Public Affairs Officers in coordination with the relevant Commanders;
- Identify the training needs of Communications and Public Affairs Officers and make recommendations to the IGP;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the IGP.