DIRECTOR-GENERAL, INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
The Director-General, ICT shall be responsible to the IGP for the following:
- Provide a strategic framework for the operationalization and management of ICT facilities of the Service;
- Develop new and periodically review existing ICT Policies of the Service and ensure their implementation and compliance;
- Promote, accelerate and facilitate the acquisition and deployment of relevant ICT facilities throughout the Service for efficient and effective policing;
- Put in place professionally developed Call Centres for all ICT related solutions and support services, including maintenance and repairs of equipment;
- Have technical and operational supervisory responsibilities overall Regional and Unit ICT Centres across the country;
- Create ICT security systems with requisite hardware and software components that enable the Service to insulate itself from cyber-attacks and other security breaches;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the IGP.
The Director-General, ICT shall be assisted by two Directors: one for Communications and the other for Information Technology (IT).