DIRECTOR-GENERAL, MOTOR TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT (MTTD)
The Director-General, MTTD shall be responsible to the IGP for the following:
- Compilation of accident reports;
- Formulation of policies regarding the effective and efficient performance of the MTTD in line with general Service goals;
- Research into emerging challenges in the Motor Traffic and Road Safety sector;
- Liaison with appropriate agencies to develop effective training interventions of relevant stakeholders;
- Development of public education and sensitization programmes across the country on regular basis;
- Revamp and streamline operations of the Driver Training and Motor Riding School and ensure its sustainability;
- Collaboration with road safety stakeholders for effective law enforcement and road safety and traffic management throughout the country.
- Ensuring that motor traffic accidents are investigated promptly and appropriate reports issued to relevant parties;
- Ensuring that accident vehicles are removed from the premises of the Motor Traffic and Transports Units (MTTUs) to ensure sanity and safety of MTTU premises;
- Any other duty as assigned by the IGP.