- October 9, 2018
- Posted by: Felicity Annan
- Category: General Announcements
POLICE ARREST SUSPECTS IN TAFO DISTURBANCES
- Police in the Ashanti Region have arrested Paul Attah Onyina aka Diago, 49 years and Richard Yaw Brefo, 51 years for rioting, unlawfully causing damage, assault and other possible offences. The suspects have been arraigned before Court, awaiting the Court’s internal processes for them to appear before a Judge.
- Police is also on the manhunt for Jafar Saeed alias Odiyifo, Kwabena Sariki, Aminu and one other person, all of whom are believed to be members of the New Patriotic Party and accomplices of suspects Paul Attah Onyina and Richard Yaw Brefo who have been arrested.
- These suspects and wanted persons on 7th October, 2018 attacked a meeting of the Tafo Constituency New Patriotic Party at Tapars School, Kumasi in the Ashanti Region. Police on hearing of the attack, proceeded to the meeting venue but the perpetrators fled the scene on seeing the Police. Later, investigation led to arrest of the two on Monday 8th October, 2018 and the identity of their accomplices.
- Police is urging the public to volunteer information on the wanted persons for their immediate arrest and prosecution. Persons with information may report to the nearest Police Station or call toll free on 191 or 18555 (MTN and Vodafone).
ISSUED BY THE DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS
SHEILLA KESSIE ABAYIE-BUCKMAN [DSP]